Essential Oils for Athletic Recovery and Repair (and how to use them!)
Deep Blue Soothing Blend
- provides a comforting sensation of cooling and warmth that supports circulation to muscles and joints, reducing inflammation and promoting healing
- provides temporary comfort to tired and sore muscles and joints
- also available as Deep Blue Rub
- supports the health of the cardiovascular, immune, digestive, and respiratory systems
- powerful antioxidant
- helps calm, soothe, and support the nervous system
- soothes tight, tense muscles
- supports localized blood flow, including to toes and fingers
- soothes aching muscles, tendons, and joints
- calms and relaxes muscles
- apply before and after exercising
- creates a cooling effect, eases tight/sore muscles, and helps minimize pain
- improves pain tolerance and workload effort
- increases energy and mood through inhalation
- eases discomfort and provides soothing support to sore muscles and joints
- evokes feelings of relaxation and rest
- soothes skin irritations
HOW DO I USE THESE OILS?
- Before long runs: Apply Peppermint or Marjoram on large muscles.
- After long runs: Apply Deep Blue (oil blend or rub) or Siberian Fir.
- Reduce joint impact: Applying Deep Blue (oil blend or rub) followed by Peppermint. Also regularly apply Helichrysum and Frankincense to joints.
- For leg cramps: Dilute 3 drops of Deep Blue + 1 drop of Helichrysum and apply directly to the calf. If you regularly experience cramps, keep this mixture on hand in a roller bottle.
SOOTHE TIRED, SORE, OR STIFF MUSCLES
In a small glass bowl, dropper bottle, or roller bottle, mix the essential oils with 1 Tablespoon fractionated coconut oil (FCO) or other carrier oil. Apply to sore areas. Wait 10 minutes. If needed, reapply.
- 1 T FCO + 3 drops Black Pepper + 3 drops Eucalyptus + 3 drops Lavender + 2 drops Rosemary
- 1 T FCO + 2 drops each of Marjoram, Lavender, Thyme, and Peppermint
- 1 T FCO + 3 drops Geranium + 2 drops Marjoram + 2 drops Frankincense + 2 drops Peppermint + 1 drop Clove
- 1 T FCO + 3 drops Lemongrass + 4 drops Basil + 3 drops Clary Sage
AFTER SPORTS SOAK
For adults, mix 5 - 10 drops of essential oil in a bowl with 1 tsp to 1 Tablespoon of carrier oil (e.g., sweet almond, jojoba, apricot kernel, fractionated coconut oil). Then mix in 1 – 2 cups Epsom salts to disperse the essential oil throughout the water, avoid skin irritation, and provide detoxification benefits. Pour into hot bath water and soak for 20 minutes. One good combination for soothing achy, tired muscles is 3 drops Lavender, 2 drops Roman Chamomile, 2 drops Marjoram, and 1 drop Helichrysum.
I'd love to help you learn more about these oils/supplements and how to get them at the best possible wholesale prices. Click here to schedule your free 30-minute wellness consultation, during which we will customize a daily usage protocol to fit your particular needs!