What information do we collect?
We may collect and store personal or other information that you voluntarily supply to us online while using Sites and Social Media (e.g., while on the Site or in responding via email to a feature provided on the Site). The Sites collect personally identifying information from our users during online registration and online purchasing. Generally, this information includes name and email address for registration or opt-in purposes and name, postal address, and credit card information when registering for our events or purchasing our products. All of this information is provided to us by you.
We also collect and store information that is generated automatically as you navigate online through the Sites. For example, we may collect information about your computer’s connection to the Internet, which allows us, among other things, to improve the delivery of our web pages to you and to measure traffic on the Sites.
We use the information we collect from you while you are using the Sites in a variety of ways, including using the information to customize features; advertising that appears on the Sites; and, making other offers available to you via email, direct mail, or otherwise.
Please also note that as our business grows, we may buy or sell various assets. In the unlikely event that we sell some or all of our assets, or one or more of our websites is acquired by another company, information about our users may be among the transferred assets.
Specifics on Information We May Collect
We collect personal information from you so that we can provide you with a positive experience when utilizing our Sites or Social Media. We will only collect the minimum amount of information necessary for us to fulfill our obligation to you. We may collect:
1. A name and an email address so we can deliver our newsletter to you – you would be affirmatively consenting to this by providing this to us in our contact forms.
2. Billing information including name, address and credit card information so that we can process payment to deliver our products or services to you under our contractual obligation.
3. A name and an email address if you complete our contact form with a question. We may send you marketing emails with either your consent or if we believe we have a legitimate interest to contact you based on your contact or question.
Please note that the information above (“Personal Data”) that you are giving to us is voluntarily, and by you providing this information to us you are giving consent for us to use, collect and process this Personal Data. You are welcome to opt-out or request for us to delete your Personal Data at any point by contacting us at email@example.com.
If you choose not to provide us with certain Personal Data, you may not be able to participate in certain aspects of our Sites or Social Media.
Other Information We May Collect
Anonymous Data Collection and Use
To maintain our Sites’ high quality, we may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the Sites by identifying which areas of the Sites are most heavily used, and to display content according to your preferences. Your IP address is the number assigned to computers connected to the Internet.
This is essentially “traffic data” which cannot personally identify you, but it is helpful to us for marketing purposes and for improving our services. Traffic data collection does not follow a user’s activities on any other websites in any way. Anonymous traffic data may also be shared with business partners and advertisers on an aggregate basis.
We collect information from you when you subscribe to our newsletter. Any time you opt to submit your email address (or other requested data) in order to obtain a free e-book, e-course, or the like, you consent to having your email address (or other requested data) automatically added to the Holistically Healthy Home newsletter list, which is stored on both the Holistically Healthy Home website (to collect the data) and the email marketing website mailchimp.com (newsletter service). You can opt-out or unsubscribe any time.
When commenting, submitting a form, ordering, or registering on our website, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your personal data such as, but not limited to: name, phone number, social media links, address, or e-mail address. This information is stored on the Holistically Healthy Home platform, which is hosted by 3 Step Solutions. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
The data is kept for the time necessary to provide the service requested by the website visitor, or stated by the purposes outlined in this document, and the visitor can always request that the Data Controller suspend or remove the data.
Public Posting: If you post in the comments of a blog post on the Website (or anywhere on social media), you should be aware that any information you share is visible to other users. Personally identifiable information you submit to one of these forums can be read, collected, or used by other individuals to send you unsolicited messages. Holistically Healthy Home is not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums. For example, if you choose to make information, which was previously non-public, available by enabling certain user features, Holistically Healthy Home will collect that information from your interaction and the information will become publicly available.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience: Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs, such as social media sharing.
- To improve our website: We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information, analytics, and feedback we receive from you.
- To communicate with you based on legitimate interest: We may contact you if we feel you have a legitimate interest in hearing from us. The email address you provide may be used to send you information, email newsletters, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. For example, if you sign up for a webinar, we may send you marketing emails based on the content of that webinar. You will always have the option to opt out of any of our emails.
- To deliver goods and services: We will contact you under our contractual obligation to deliver goods or services you purchase from us.
- To enforce legal terms that govern your use of the laws applicable to the website.
- And, for any other purposes for which the information is collected and maintained.
We will use the Personal Data you give to us in order to process your payment for the purchase of goods or services under a contract. We only use third party payment processors that take the utmost care in securing data and comply with the GDPR.
Targeted Social Media Advertisements
We may use the data you provide to us to run social media advertisements and/or create look-alike audiences for advertisements.
Like many other Web sites, www.HolisticallyHealthyHome.com makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information that we collect and maintain against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We use strong passwords, use security software, and do not share the website's log in credentials. Unfortunately, the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure, and on occasion, such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically. Sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
You can help us by also taking precautions to protect your personal data when you are on the internet. Change your passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure web browser. Email is not recognized as a secure medium of communication. For this reason, we request that you do not send private information to us via email.
Cookies and Web Beacons
We also may use a standard feature found in browser software called a “cookie” to enhance your experience with the Sites. What are cookies? A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. By showing how and when visitors use the Sites, cookies help us deliver advertisements, identify how many unique users visit us, and track user trends and patterns. It also enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size, and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
The Site also may use web beacons (single-pixel graphic files also known as “transparent GIFs”) to access cookies and to count users who visit the Sites or open HTML-formatted email messages.
Enabling these cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to work, but it will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these cookies through your individual browser options, but if you do, some features of this site may not work as intended. For more details, see aboutcookies.org.
3. Holistically Healthy Home uses the email marketing website Mail Chimp (newsletter service). When you enter your email address (or other requested data) to receive a free ebook, ecourse, newsletter, or the like, Mail Chimp collects and stores this data. holisticallyhealthyhome.com is required to:
- Obtain consent to store and process personal data of our customers and subscribers
- Erase or export data about customers and subscribers upon request
Among other things, Mail Chimp is required to:
- Use certain levels of security to protect all stored personal data
- Notify the relevant authorities in the unlikely event of a security breach
- Obtain consent to store and process personal data of users
- Keep records of what data is stored and processed, and export or delete that data upon request
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We may share your information with trusted third parties such as our newsletter provider in order to contact you via email, our merchant accounts to process payments, contractors, third-party publishers and Google / social media accounts in order to run advertisements and our affiliates.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
If you purchase doTERRA essential oils via the links on this website, doTERRA will collect and store information including your name, address(es), email address, and phone number. That information will be accessible to me in order to provide you with excellent customer service. If you provided your social security number, that information is not accessible to me. Please contact doTERRA to opt-out or for further assistance.
Viewing by Others
Note that whenever you voluntarily make your Personal Data available for viewing by others online through the Sites or Social Media, it may be seen, collected and used by others, and therefore, we cannot be responsible for any unauthorized or improper use of the information that you voluntarily share (i.e., sharing a comment on a blog post, posting in a Facebook group that we manage, sharing details on a group coaching call, etc.).
Submission, Storage, Sharing and Transferring of Personal Data
Personal Data that you provide to us is stored internally or through a data management system. Your Personal Data will only be accessed by those who help to obtain, manage or store that information, or who have a legitimate need to know such Personal Data (i.e., our hosting provider, newsletter provider, payment processors or team members). We use reasonable efforts to make sure our data processors are GDPR-compliant.
We retain your Personal Data for the minimum amount of time necessary to provide you with the information and/or services that you requested from us. We may include certain Personal Data for longer periods of time if necessary for legal, contractual and accounting obligations.
How You Can Access, Update or Delete Your Personal Data
You have the right to:
1. Request information about how your Personal Data is being used and request a copy of what Personal Data we use.
2. Restrict processing if you think the Personal Data is not accurate, unlawful, or no longer needed.
3. Rectify or erase Personal Data and receive confirmation of the rectification or erasure. (You have the “right to be forgotten”).
4. Withdraw your consent at any time to the processing of your Personal Data.
5. Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you feel we are using your Personal Data unlawfully.
6. Receive Personal Data portability and transference to another controller without our hinderance.
7. Object to our use of your Personal Data.
8. Not be subject to an automated decision based solely on automatic processing, including profiling, which legally or significantly affects you.
You may unsubscribe from our e-newsletters or updates at any time through the unsubscribe link at the footer of all email communications. If you have questions or are experiencing problems unsubscribing, please contact us at at the Contact page.
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data you provide to us from misuse, disclosure or unauthorized access. We only share your Personal Data with trusted third parties who use the same level of care in processing your Personal Data. That being said, we cannot guarantee that your Personal Data will always be secure due to technology or security breaches. Should there be a data breach of which we are aware, we will inform you immediately.
We have a no spam policy and provide you with the ability to opt-out of our communications by selecting the unsubscribe link at the footer of all e-mails. We will not sell, rent or share your email address.
We abide by Facebook’s Data Use Restrictions.
- Any ad data collected, received, or derived from our Facebook ad (“Facebook advertising data”) is only shared with someone acting on our behalf, such as our service provider. We are responsible for ensuring our service providers protect any Facebook advertising data or any other information obtained from us, limit our use of all of that information, and keep it confidential and secure.
- We do not use Facebook advertising data for any purpose (including retargeting, commingling data across multiple advertisers’ campaigns, or allowing piggybacking or redirecting with tags), except on an aggregate and anonymous basis (unless authorized by Facebook) and only to assess the performance and effectiveness of our Facebook advertising campaigns.
- We do not use Facebook advertising data, including the targeting criteria for a Facebook ad, to build, append to, edit, influence, or augment user profiles, including profiles associated with any mobile device identifier or other unique identifier that identifies any particular user, browser, computer, or device.
- We do not transfer any Facebook advertising data (including anonymous, aggregate, or derived data) to any ad network, ad exchange, data broker, or other advertising or monetization related service.
General Data Protection Regulation GDPR Compliance for EU Citizens
Because we value the privacy of the personal data of all website visitors, we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with GDPR regulations. In short, GDPR states that if a website collects or stores data related to an EU citizen, the website must comply with the following:
- Tell the user who you are, why you collect the data, and how long it will be stored.
- Get clear consent before collecting any data
- Let users access/delete their data
- Let users know if data breaches occur
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
This children’s privacy statement explains our practices with respect to the online collection and use of personal information from children under the age of thirteen and provides important information regarding their rights under federal law with respect to such information.
- The Sites are not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do NOT knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Sites. We screen users who wish to provide personal information in order to prevent users under the age of thirteen from providing such information. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a user under the age of thirteen as part of the Sites, we will delete such information from our records. If we change our practices in the future, we will obtain prior, verifiable parental consent before collecting any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Sites.
- Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Sites, we also do NOT knowingly distribute such information to third parties.
- We do NOT knowingly allow children under the age of thirteen to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information through the Sites.
- Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Sites, we do NOT condition the participation of a child under thirteen in the Site’s online activities on providing personally identifiable information.
This policy was last modified on May 17, 2018.
Before using any page on this site, please review the Terms of Service, Full Disclaimer, Affiliate Disclosure, Copyright and Recipe Policy, and Comment Policy. Accessing HolisticallyHealthyHome.com indicates acceptance of these policies.